You are not logged in. Log In |  Register New Search
Community Links
Featured Product
12 Gauge 3.5" Shells Duck Commander
New Video From CTD
Firearm News from Cheaper Than Dirt!

Getting the Blade: Why Carrying a Knife Will Help Keep You Sharp
From Fish & Game Exclusives by Paul Bradshaw- There are certain lessons in life that my father taught me that I’ll never forget.  How to drive a standard transmission (I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten that lesson either).  That your belt buckle, pants zipper, and buttons on your shirt should all line up (still trying to teach this one to my son who refuses to wear a belt).  And neve...

Louisiana: House Committee Removes Bill to Repeal Self-Defense Law from Tomorrow's Agenda
From NRA-ILA: House Bill 826, NRA-opposed legislation sponsored by state Representative Wesley Bishop (D-New Orleans) to repeal Louisiana's "stand your ground" statute, has been removed from Wednesday's House Administration of Criminal Justice Committee schedule.  However, another anti-gun measure is on the committee agenda and your help is still needed to stop that o...

Guns On Campus Preparations
(kmvt.com) By Aimee Burnett- Twin Falls, Idaho ( KMVT-TV / KSVT-TV ) A bill allowing a select group of people to carry guns on public college campuses throughout the Gem State is set to take effect this summer. Senate Bill 1254 takes effect on July 1st. It allows those with Idaho’s enhanced concealed carry permit to bring guns on public college and university campuses... with some restrictions. "T...

Do Guns Save Lives? Here’s How These High-Profile Conservatives Plan to Prove Definitively the Answer Is ‘Yes’
(www.theblaze.com) By Jason Howerton-Author, economist and researcher John Lott announced on Wednesday that he is creating a new research center to “advance the scientific understanding of the relationship between laws regulating the ownership or use of guns, crime and public safety.” The Crime Prevention Research Center will seek to educate the “public, journalists and policy makers” by coun...

Shooting Review: Adams Arms’ 5.45×39 Mid-Length Complete Upper Receiver
From The Firearm Blog: This review could not have come at a worse time to a better company & product. TFB requested the Adams Arms upper when 7n6 was plentiful. With the recent ban on cheap MilSurp ammo, the allure of 5.45 may be waning, but as a DI guy I walked away plenty impressed with the Adams Arms piston kit. I never quite understood why 5.45 did not catch on as much as 7.62×39. It ...

Beretta PX4i Storm (i-Protect System)
From The Firearm Blog: Beretta’s newest Law Enforcement pistol, unveiled at DSA ’14, is the Beretta PX4i Storm.  This pistol is a standard PX4 Storm that been wired with electronic sensors which can track when rounds are fired, how many rounds are in the magazine, the status of the safety and even if a round is in the chamber or if the hammer is cocked. All this informatio...

Firearm Ideas That Failed
(americanrifleman.org) By Layne Simpson-From Gyrojets that fired miniature rockets to a hunting rifle with an on-board computer, many seemingly harebrained ideas have actually made it into the firearm marketplace. But those revisited here didn’t get far before they were scuttled due to lack of consumer demand. What? Your gun doesn’t fire Trounds? Read on. Many firearm enthusiasts know the Model 19...

Duck-Hunting Myths — Busted
(www.grandviewoutdoors.com) By Wade Bourne-I had joined friends for a duck hunt on a popular wildlife management area where blinds were close and hunting pressure was heavy. The parking lot had been busy in the predawn with hunters launching boats and scurrying to their blinds. It was going to be a “full house day,” and my friends’ blind was square in the middle of the pack. “We probably need to l...

Distance on a Budget
(americanrifleman.org) By Benjamin Shotzberger- Long-range shooting usually starts out as something “cool” to try at the range. The inevitability of competition, even against ourselves, drives us to want to see just what we’re capable of—and then go farther. The first round successfully placed on target at distances well over 100 yards is truly something memorable. Engaging targets at long range r...

Exclusive – Texas AG Abbott To BLM: “Come And Take It’
(www.gregabbott.com) By Bob Price, Breitbart Texas- After Breitbart Texas reported on the U.S. Bureau of Land Management’s (BLM) intent to seize 90,000 acres belonging to Texas landholders along the Texas/Oklahoma line, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott questioned the BLM’s authority to take such action. “I am about ready,” General Abbott told Breitbart Texas, “to go to go to the Red River and ra...

TOP 21 Survival Pick Up Lines
(willowhavenoutdoor.com) Let’s face it, finding another survival-minded partner isn’t the easiest task in the world.  Sometimes it can feel like trying to start a friction fire with water soaked wood.  Or, like trying to find the one edible cattail in a marsh of poisonous water irises – darn near impossible! And let’s face it, survival-types aren’t known for being the most socially suave...

Make Up Your Mind Monday: Concealed Carry Holsters
From Luckygunner.com: Today’s Make Up Your Mind Monday is a quick overview of some of the different types of holsters commonly used for concealed carry. There is a lot to cover on this topic, so this is a two-parter. Part one is about the most popular forms of belt/waistband carry, and next week will cover some of others, like shoulder holsters, ankle holsters, and off-body carry.or a lot of us,&n...

Question of the Day: Would You Lend a Gun to a BFF in Trouble?
From TheTruthAboutGuns.com- I don’t know much about Blue Ruin (due in selected theaters April 25) but I’ve been in the big guy’s shoes. Someone I knew (a female of course) was in trouble. She needed a firearm for self-protection in a state where the fastest you could legally purchase a gun was 10 days. Carry permit? Months. If then. I told her no. If it’s that serious, leave town. That wa...

Skill Set: Bad Habits?
From TheTacticalwire.com-by Tiger McKee- It's dry fire practice time. You bring the weapon up, obtain a sight picture, and smoothly press the trigger, concentrating on making each step of the process as precise as possible. The front sight is steady throughout the press. You set it up and run it again, knowing that repetitions are important. Practicing the fundamentals is essential. But, this prac...

How Risk Profile Influences Concealed Carry Holster Choice
(gundigest.com) By: Joseph Terry-Your life circumstances affect your “risk profile,” which has as much bearing on choosing the best concealed carry holster as which gun you choose to carry. I get asked a lot of questions about concealed carry holsters, usually focused on comfort and security for the weapon. Those are important attributes but rank below an often overlooked factor of greater importa...

New Si Robertson Series From Flextone
(TheOutdoorwire.com) New Roads, LA - Flextone® Game Calls, the industry leader in natural game sounds, announces the addition of the Si Robertson Series of turkey calls to their 2014 lineup. It doesn't matter if you're a first-year hunter or a salty old-timer whose spent his life in the woods, if you want to figure out the birds where you hunt and know exactly where you need to be to get the drop ...

The Shootingwire.com FEATURE I Can See Clearly Now
From TheShootingwire.com- For the past few weeks, I've been shooting my side-match competition .22 caliber rifle with a Redfield Battlezone riflescope instead of my normal scope. I had liked the reticle on Redfield's "bigger"scopes designed for modern sport rifles or precision bolt guns in .223/5.56 or 7.62. Both the 3-9x42mm and 6-18x44mm scopes have the TAC-MOA reticle, a bullet drop compensatio...

Virginia: General Assembly To Consider Governor’s Anti-Gun Amendment On Wednesday k
Charlotte, NC -(Ammoland.com)-This Wednesday, April 23, the Virginia General Assembly is meeting for its reconvened session to consider gubernatorial amendments and vetoes. It is critical that you contact your state Senator and Delegate and urge them to vote to REJECT the Governor’s anti-gun amendment to Senate Bill 377. As previously reported, on April 7, Governor Terry McAuliffe (D) returned an ...

Man protects wife with 357 Magnum (Texas)
(easybakegunclub.com) "Usually when people kick in a door and come in on you for a home invasion when you're there, they're not just there to steal your things," said Houston Police. "They're trying to hurt you. It's good these people had a weapon and he was able to protect himself and his wife." It was shortly before 5 o'clock Sunday morning when a Houston, Texas couple was startled from sleep by...

Concealed carrier fights back after gun held to his head (Massachusetts)
(easybakegunclub.com) The coverage is sparse because defensive gun use doesn't get a lot of media attention in Massachusetts. Actually, there isn't a news story about the defensive gun use... it's a story about the accomplice of the now dead robber being charged. That's right... defensive gun use - not news worth in Massachusetts. Criminals being charged - news worthy. 17-year-old Jahleel Sanders ...
Now on AuctionArms
 Romanian -- AK-47

WINCHESTER MODEL 94: 30-30 WIN LEVER ACTION RIFLE
 Item #12579154 Currently at: $171.00
CTD Poll
What is the most important concealed carry gun of all time?

Vote Count: 10

GunSmith Q&A
Winchester model 42 magazine tube problem

I am working on a model 42 Winchester model 42 pump .410 sn 10313X manf. in 1953.  The magazine tube is buggered up a bit on the interupted thread area that locks it into the receiver extension. In the past it has been abused and it is missing the magazine band key between the barrel and magazine and also the action slide spring. I have the 2 missing parts on order (most pa...

From The Blog
30 Days of Preparing for Spring Storms and the Stinging Heat of Summer Day 14: Pesky Mosquitoes, Scorpions, Bees and Other Critters that Bite and Sting

Spring and summer brings out the bugs. Try having a Fourth of July barbecue without mosquitoes and flies. Camping, hiking, hunting and even a picnic in the par...