Growing up at my house it was always about quantity over quality on Christmas Day. Sure, we would get one big gift such as a bike or gaming system, but mom and dad wanted to extend the surprise and fun for as long as possible. Short of wrapping each individual Lego, my brother and I loved opening present after present. Just looking at the abundance of presents under the tree gave us joy. This year, instead of splurging on one overly expensive gadget, why don’t you create mini kits for your loved ones?
I have assembled six mini kits with six items in each, that you can package in the suggested container all for under $70 per kit. For the camper, the non-prepper, the mall ninja, the girlie girl, Duck Dynasty fanatic or zombie hunter in your life—all kits include useful gear that no one will be disappointed to receive.
For campers, hikers, RVer, hunters, explorers, adventurers and for anyone else who loves the outdoors.
- The CRKT Eat’N Tool comes in black, stainless and even pink
- S&W fire starter with tiny survival kit includes flint striker, matches and fishing gear
- A paracord survival bracelet you make them yourselves—or take the lazy route and buy it premade
- A small individual light to clip on their backpack
- The Browning koozie keeps their beer cold
- Put it all in an enameled steel cup they can set right on the fire or camp stove
Forget talking about it, just go ahead and make them a kit yourself. Never again will your friend be frantic when winter storms blow through.
- Three bean chili or other freeze-dried meal
- WaterBOB bathtub water storage in case their pipes freeze
- Long-burning candles and candle lantern
- Advanced emergency blanket
- Small first aid kit
- Pack it all in a large survivor dry box with built-in compass and signal mirror
Get the gun: Mossberg model 500 Just in Case (JIC)
The Mall Ninja
Admit it—you have one. The guy who plays SWAT team in his garage and must having everything taticool. Pimp his gun.
- A vertical grip that doubles as a bipod and also comes with a nifty black pouch
- A freakin’ laser beam
- Magpul iPhone cover just so everyone knows they are as cool as Chris Costa
- Pistol bayonet, because why not?
- A VTS Versatile Tactical Support for “ideal operational superiority”
- They can carry it around in their murse (man purse. Murse)
The Girlie Girl
Don’t get offended by all the pink. This kit is for the girls with a sweet exterior, but tough interior.
- Leatherman Style multi-tool includes the essentials, knife, scissors and nail file
- Hogue Universal Handall pink grip for those who don’t like candy-colored firearms
- TAPCO AR-15 pink iPhone case because Magpul’s field case is so last year
- Pink ear muffs, ear plugs with carrying case and shooting glasses combo
- For when they can’t carry, the Brutus self defense keychain (insert wildly inappropriate comments here)
- Of course, pack it all up in a pink range bag
As an added bonus, wrap each item up in pink camo wrapping paper.
Get the gun: Taurus 738 TCP .380 ACP
The Duck Dynasty Fanatic
Sometimes called good ole’ boy or redneck. Embrace the beard.
- Camo desk accessories. The Robertsons didn’t get that rich without a little work.
- Camo duct tape, endless uses
- Rivers Edge deer flask with two shot glasses and presentation box
- Duck Commander baseball cap
- A couple of fishing lures
- All fits in a camo bucket that also allows you to pop a squat
The Zombie Hunter
For those still prepping for the zombie apocalypse, The Walking Dead fans, video game addicts or others who just think zombies are cool.
- Black Dawn “zombie slayer” ejection port cover
- Hornady Zombie Max ammo
- Zombie machete
- Pistol bayonet with zombie green handle
- Zombie targets for practice
- Pack the zombie killing kit in MTM’s zombie ammo can
Which one of these kits are at the top of your list? Tell Santa in the comment section.
Suzanne joined the content team with over eight years experience at Cheaperthandirt.com. Starting out as a product description writer, Suzanne has extensive knowledge of the Cheaper Than Dirt! product base and is a good resource for suggestions on which products you need. Suzanne specializes in writing for the female shooter, beginner shooter, and the modern-day prepper. Though she prefers plinking with her S&W M&P 15-22, Suzanne also loves revolvers, the 1911, short-barreled AR-15s, and shooting full auto when she gets the chance. Suzanne is a staff writer for Cheaper Than Dirt!