CCI has unveiled a new .22 Long Rifle cartridge that is reported to register only 68Db at shooters ear. That’s actually quieter than some of our daily activities, like driving down the highway and the annoying buzz of our alarm clocks.
Though it is safe to use in semi-autos, it is designed more specifically for bolt-action and single-shot rifles. The new round, Quiet-22 mimics the .22 Short with a 40-grain lead round nose bullet and a muzzle velocity of 710 fps. It is accurate out to 50 yards and has a 75% reduced noise rate than a standard .22 LR round.
The American Rifleman editors shot the CCI Quiet-22 at the 2012 SHOT Show Media Day at the Range without hearing protection!
A .22 LR cartridge with such a small noise report is perfect for stealth-like pest control, training, teaching new shooters who are afraid of noise, and for areas where noise from firearms is a concern.
I can just imagine what it is like to shoot suppressed. Right now it’s hard to find, so if you get some, let me know and we’ll head out to the range!
Features and Benefits
- Ultra-quiet plinking round in 22-caliber LR rifles
- 75% reduction in perceived noise of standard velocity .22 LR
- Standard CCI .22 LR case
- Excellent accuracy and low velocity (710 feet per second)
- Better performance than an air rifle with similar noise levels
- No hearing protection required
- Great for backyard plinking and youth shooting
- Ideal for legal shooting areas where noise may be a concern
Like it? Want it? Buy it!